Empathic Leadership is the ability to identify and understand the thoughts, feelings, differences, and experiences of others and respond accordingly, while providing the leadership needed to drive results. It is an ingredient that is essential to all interpersonal relationships including the relationship between a leader and team member and relationships with peers, leaders, customers, and other stakeholders. This one-of-a-kind learning experience will be an essential step in your leadership development evolution.
Approximate Time to Complete: 90 minutes
Empathic Leadership is the ideal course for formal and informal leaders at all levels of an organization.
The Empathic Leadership course introduces the beliefs and mindset of an empathic leader, and the practical skills and actions empathic leaders use to maximize their effectiveness and create a collaborative and supportive work environment. Empathic leadership touches on a fascinating duality of being a caring leader while balancing policies, rules, regulations, expectations, and the need for results. Leaders need to be able to tackle complex challenges in innovative ways and produce results, while showing empathy when and how it is needed.
Through reflection opportunities, activities, examples, and tools, the Empathic Leadership digital, on-demand course helps learners understand how empathic leadership works and the practical application of it on the job. Learners also explore how to contribute to a culture where leading with empathy enhances team member commitment, engagement, and relationships.
The Course Covers
- What empathic leadership is and what it is not.
- Why empathy is a critical leadership competency in today’s organizations.
- The negative outcomes when empathy is lacking.
- The balance between having discipline, standards, and expectations of others and leading people empathically.
- Strategies for being mindful of the challenges people face and approaching relationships and interactions with a heightened sense of awareness and understanding.
This immersive learning experience concludes with an action plan for applying and sustaining the principles and skills over the long run.
Learning objectives for the course include:
- Explore your personal point of view about empathy and leading with a focus on people.
- Discover the need for and benefits of leading with empathy and understanding.
- Identify how to make empathy part of your core leadership style.
- Pinpoint strategies for leveraging personal strengths and addressing opportunities for improvement.
- Understand how to use empathy to look at problems from different perspectives and create innovative solutions to challenges you and others are facing.
- Learn how to apply empathic-leadership principles to solve tough business challenges and build higher levels of engagement.
Resources and Downloadable Tools
- Participant Resource Guide
- Application Plan
- Certificate of Course Completion
*A continuing education unit (CEU) is a measure used in continuing education programs to assist professionals in maintaining their professional licenses. The Certificate of Completion for this course indicates the following credits have been earned:
CEU Credits: .15
CPE Credits: 1.8