Perhaps the most important component of leadership excellence is the ability to manage ourselves first. Time and productivity management is a key part of personal, professional, and leadership success, but in the fast-paced, demanding world we live and work in it can be one of the most challenging skills to master. You can be a great communicator and have the trust of your team, but if you don’t effectively manage your time, you will experience increased stress and pressure that can impact your personal job satisfaction, relationships with others, and your team’s effectiveness.
Approximate Time to Complete: 1 hour
Time & Productivity Management for Leaders is appropriate for formal and informal leaders at all levels who want to strengthen their ability to effectively manage their time and productivity in order to improve results. This course is also appropriate for individual contributors who want to develop their leadership competencies and for people who are transitioning into a leadership role.
In this course, you will be introduced some proven and practical principles and skills that will enable you to take control of your life, guide the efforts of others, and achieve your goals. You will learn to evaluate your priorities and the demands made of you and strike a balance that will help you be more effective. This process will help you be more assertive and selective about the decisions you make and how you control each workday. After learning the skills and techniques covered in this course, you can determine how best to manage your time and productivity using the tools that are right for you.
You will learn key actions you can take to improve your effectiveness in each of the following five areas:
- Identifying Essential Tasks & Activities
- Setting Priorities
- Avoiding Procrastination
- Managing Interruptions & Distractions
- Managing at Your Level
The learning objectives and outcomes for this self-paced course include the following:
- Assess your time and productivity management strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Review tasks and responsibilities to define urgent and important priorities.
- Evaluate and consider how the choices you make may impact others.
- Reflect on how to spend your time and energy more wisely.
- Identify practical strategies and tools that will enable you to achieve sustainable productivity as a leader.
Resources and Downloadable Tools Included
- Participant Resource Guide
- Sample Master Task List & Time Tracker
- Application Guide
- Certificate of Course Completion* to save and share on social media
*A continuing education unit (CEU) is a measure used in continuing education programs to assist professionals in maintaining their professional licenses. The Certificate of Completion for this course indicates the following credits have been earned:
CEU Credits: .1
CPE Credits: 1.2