Communication is a vital part of every team member’s and leader’s development. People in organizations typically spend over 75% of their time in interpersonal situations of some type. Regardless of whether the exchanges are face to face or remote, verbal or nonverbal, having finely honed communication skills is crucial for every member of an organization.
No matter your role in the organization, you face situations that require you to communicate effectively with others every day. These situations come in all shapes and sizes and necessitate being able to connect with many different kinds of people on a wide variety of topics. If you are committed to developing stronger working relationships with team members, peers, leaders, and other stakeholders, this self-paced digital-learning course is will provide you with strong communication skills that will help you
- Excel in your leadership role.
- Be an effective member of the leadership team.
- Engage and build connections within the workforce.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers.
Our ability to relate to others and communicate with them effectively makes an impact not only on our relationships, but on our professional performance and the results we achieve as individuals, as a team, and as an organization.
Approximate Time to Complete: 90 minutes
CEU Credits: .15
CPE Credits: 1.8
This Communication Skills self-paced course is appropriate for formal and informal leaders at all levels who want to strengthen their communication skills. This course is also appropriate for individual contributors who want to develop their leadership competencies and for people who are transitioning into a leadership role.
The Communication Skills digital, on-demand course focuses on both fundamental and advanced communication concepts. You will be introduced to the Communication Essentials Model, a practical and crucial set of skills that you can apply when engaging in a two-way conversations, sharing information, solving a problem, making a decision, exchanging ideas, or even building a relationship.
Throughout the course, you will be given opportunities to practice the skills and concepts in an interactive way. You will also have the opportunity to reflect on your personal style of communication, your strengths, and your opportunities for improvement. This experiential approach and increased awareness allows you to build on and solidify these crucial skills so you can immediately apply what you’ve learned, strengthen your relationships, enhance team collaboration and success, and drive better results for yourself and for the organization.
The learning objectives and outcomes for this course include the following:
- Reflect on the importance and benefits of effective communication.
- Identify strengths and weakness in your communication abilities.
- Learn how to apply a communication framework to your interactions with others.
- Learn to ask effective questions to gain valuable information.
- Evaluate your natural listening style and identify areas for improvement.
- Create action plans for applying what you learn.
Resources and Downloadable Tools Included
- Participant Resource Guide
- Learning Plan
- Application Guide
- Listening Skills Self-Assessment
- Certificate of Course Completion to save and share on social media